October 19, 2006
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 013-07
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Request for Comments - Alternative Trade Adjustment Assistance Benefits; Amendment of Regulations; Proposed Rule
PROGRAMS: TAA, ATAA, TRA
1. Purpose. To transmit a request for public comment on a Notice of Proposed Rule Making (NPRM), concerning the implementation of the Alternative Trade Adjustment Assistance (ATAA) program, a demonstration project for older workers. The proposed rule will be submitted to the Office of Management and Budget for review and approval.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 71, No. 201, October 18, 2006, pp. 61618-61626; Trade Adjustment Assistance Reform Act; Trade Act of 1974; North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA); Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC); Workforce Investment Act (WIA) of 1998; 71 FR 50760-50832, August 25, 2006; 19 U.S.C. 2271, 2102, 2320; Executive Orders 12866, 12875 and 13132; Paperwork Reduction Act; Unfunded Mandates Reform Act; Regulatory Flexibility Act, Pub.L. 105-277 [112 Stat. 2681.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website Resource page at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Action. Program administrators are request to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies, and are invited to comment, on or before December 18th to:
Director, Office of National Response
Ref. RIN 1205-AB40
U.S. Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20210
AlternativeTAAcomments@dol.gov (E-mail) Include RIN 1205-AB40 in subject line of the message.
5. Contact. Questions and comments about the NPRM may be directed to: Erica Cantor on 202.693.3560. Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
6. Expiration Date. December 18, 2006
7. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 71, No. 201, October 18, 2006, pp. 61618-61626