December 13, 2007
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 020-08
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Advisory Committee on Veterans' Employment, Training and Employer Outreach (ACVETEO) Open Meeting
1. Purpose. To transmit notice of an open meeting of the Advisory Committee on Veterans' Employment, Training and Employer Outreach (ACVETEO) scheduled on February 11-12, 2008, in
2. References. Federal Register Vol. 72, No. 239, December 13, 2007, p. 70896; Title II of the Veterans' Housing Opportunity and Benefits Improvement Act of 2006, Pub. L. 109-233; Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA), Pub. L. 92-462 (5 U.S.C. app.II); 38 U.S.C. 4110.
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website Resource page at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources/
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. The committee will discuss programs assisting veterans seeking employment with special emphasis on transition assistance programs (TAP) and raising employer awareness as to the advantages of hiring veterans. The Advisory Committee meeting will be held on Monday, February 11, 2008, from 1:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. and on Tuesday, February 12, 2008, from 8:00 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. at the:
5. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff.
6. Contact. Questions and comments about this meeting may be directed to the Office of Veterans' Employment and Training Service on 202.693.4700. Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
7. Expiration Date. February 11, 2008
8. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 72, No. 239, December 13, 2007, p. 70896.