November 16, 2006
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT NO. 021-07
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - Public Meetings, Webinar and Open Comment Period - YouthBuild Program Design
PROGRAMS: All Programs
1. Purpose. To transmit notice of public meetings, a webinar and a comment period concerning the YouthBuild program design.
2. References. Federal Register Vol. 71, No. 219, November 14, 2006, pp. 66349-66350; YouthBuild Transfer Act [Pub. L. 109-281]; White House Task Force Report on Disadvantaged Youth [3 MB].
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. Public meetings will be held from 8:30 to 4:30 local time at the following locations and dates:
November 30, 2006
Westin Bonaventure Hotel
404 South Figueroa St.
Los Angeles, CA 90071
December 6, 2006
Omni William Penn
530 William Penn Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15219 800.843.6664
In addition, a webinar via the internet will be held December 13, 2006, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. EST.
5. Action. Program administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff, and are invited to comment, on or before December 15th to:
Employment and Training Administration
Office of Workforce Investment
Division of Youth Services
200 Constitution Avenue, NW.
Washington, DC 20210
6. Contact. Questions and comments about this alert may be directed to Anne Stom on 202.693.3377. Questions or comments about the format of this Alert may be directed to Robert Rainault on 312.596.5416.
7. Expiration Date. December 15, 2006
8. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 71, No. 219, November 14, 2006, pp. 66349-66350.