July 21, 2005
ETA REGIONAL INFORMATION ALERT 076-05
ORIGINATING OFFICE: Region 5
SUBJECT: Notice - President's National Hire Veterans Committee, Public Meeting; Veterans' Employment and Training Service
1. Purpose. To transmit a notice of a public meeting of the President's National Hire Veterans Committee on August 9, 2005 in Chicago.
2. References. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 136, July 18, 2005, pp. 41240-41241; Jobs for Veterans Act [Pub.L. 107-288].
3. Links. This Alert is in the Regional website archive at: http://www.doleta.gov/regions/regionalresources
Link to the Federal Register attachment (.pdf)
4. Substance. The President's National Hire Veterans Committee will meet to discuss raising corporate awareness of the advantages of hiring veterans, on Tuesday, August 9, 2005 beginning at 1:00 p.m. at:
Moulin Rouge Room
200 North Columbus Drive
5. Action. Program Administrators are requested to share this Information Alert with appropriate staff and other agencies. Individuals needing special accommodation should contact Bill Offutt on 202.693.4717.
6. Contact. Comments or questions about the President's National Hire Veterans Committee meeting may be directed to Bill Offutt on 202.693.4717. Comments or questions about the format of this Alert may be directed to Tom Coyne on 312.596.5435.
7. Expiration Date. August 9, 2005
8. Attachment. Federal Register, Vol. 70, No. 133, July 18, 2005, pp. 41240-41241