|DATE||July 11, 2000|
|DIRECTIVE||OLDER WORKER BULLETIN 00-19|
|TO||ALL SENIOR COMMUNITY SERVICE EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM (SCSEP) GRANTEES|
|SUBJECT||RESOURCE SHARING FOR WIA ONE-STOP CENTERS|
1. PURPOSE:To provide Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) sponsors with a copy of and an opportunity to comment on recently published guidance on resource sharing and cost allocation methodologies for the shared costs of a One-Stop service delivery system under the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA).
2. REFERENCES: Federal Register: June 27, 2000, Volume 65, Number 124, Notices, Page 39759 - 39765.
3. BACKGROUND:The Workforce Investment Act of 1998 requires that One-Stop service delivery systems be established for a number of Federal employment and training programs. As the participating programs have come together to work out the details of service delivery in a One-Stop setting, a number of questions have arisen about how resources can be shared and costs allocated. On June 27, 2000 the Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration published a notice in the Federal Register to provide guidance on resource sharing and cost allocation methodologies for the shared costs. This guidance is intended to provide a framework that all One-Stop centers and their partner programs will be able to use in establishing their own system for cost allocation and resource sharing.
While participating programs may begin to use this guidance immediately, there is a thirty-day comment period. All comments must be received by the Department of Labor by no later than July 27, 2000.
4. DIRECTIVE:All SCSEP sponsors are encouraged to:
- Review and, if interested, comment on the attached Notice;
- Provide copies of this Notice to local project operators; and,
- Use the framework provided in this Notice in working with their One-Stop partners to establish systems for cost allocation and resource sharing;
5. INQUIRIES:Questions should be directed to your Federal Representative at (202) 219-5904.
|ATTACHMENT||Resource Sharing for Workforce Investment Act One-Stop Centers: Methodologies for Paying or Funding Each Partner Program's Fair Share of Allocable One Stop Costs; Notice|
ERICH W. ("RIC") LARISCH JAMES C. DeLUCA
Chief Acting Director
Division of Older Worker Programs Office of National Programs